Texas Vaccine Tracker was designed to use publicly available data from Texas DSHS & CDC to answer common questions about vaccination providers, vaccination pace, and vaccination equity related to the state’s rollout, which started in December. The data was utilized by local policymakers and the general public through daily data updates, print, radio, and broadcast news features.
- Statesman Op-Ed: We have an urgent vaccine equity crisis
- Fox 7 Austin: FOX 7 Discussion: UT data initiative tracks Texas vaccine pace
- Fox 7 Austin: FOX 7 Discussion: Tracking progress of vaccinations in Texas
- KVUE: UT report finds disparities in COVID-19 vaccine and infection rate between East and West Austin
- KVUE: Doctors respond to pause on administration of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine
- KUT 90.5 Radio Interview (Listen Below):
- Analyzing US Census Data: Methods, Maps, and Models in R by Kyle E. Walker.